Friday, January 4, 2013

Tip #2

Track.

If you want to succeed at a wellness goal, you need to track.
You cannot improve what you do not measure.
I have tracked many different wellness goals, and it works.

Tracking in its basic form means writing down what you do in relation to what your goal is.
I use a journal for tracking, but you can use a smart phone too.

          Want to lose weight?     Track what you eat.

          Want to save money?     Track what you spend.

          Want to feel connected to your spouse?
                                        Track the positive qualities you see in this person daily.

          Want to think more positively?     Track 3 positive statements about yourself every day.

          Want to spend more time at the spa,  track it!

I ask some of my massage clients to track how they feel before and after a massage.
If they track that their pain and function is a 8/10 prior (10 being the worst), and a 4/10 after, that shows progress.

Next, I would like them to track how long they felt 4/10. Was it for 3 days, two weeks? This gives me information to help direct you to what you need for maximum function, pain relief and progress. It also allows my client the ability to see that massage is worth their time, money and planning.

You can track skin care goals, foot care goals, hair health, anything you want to change.

I am currently working on a wellness tracker that you can use and start your progress towards whatever you desire. Let me know if you are interested in receiving information on the Upstream Wellness Tracker by leaving a comment below.




No comments:

Post a Comment